MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Re: MySQL Server crashes - spawning too many threads.
Posted by: Erin ONeill
Date: August 18, 2005 06:50PM

Hey steve -

I haven't looked into tweaking Mac X but it's all UNIX. I'm more familar with Solaris and it only took a bit of digging to find the translation into linux. You want to tweak both the nprocs and open files. I got the number from a combo of places. My sys admins and online docs (I may have gotten the number on an Oracle doc -- installing Oracle on Linux). I HIGHLY suggest you search for an Oracle doc for installing on Mac X (not sure if they have a product for Mac X but I can't see why not??). They go into details on how to tweak the OS for a database.

From looking at my stats I see that the most at any one time I have ppl connected is something like 200. (I'm away from work & my stats). Most of our connections to the database are quick.

Don't forget your formula for setting up your buffers (System Buffers + (thread buffers * max_connections)). 4 GBs of RAM may not be enough for your application.

Why not post your variables (show variables) and your stats (show status). I also HIGHLY recommend you get a copy of mysqlreport and run that....

I've got to run but I'll check back tomorrow.

erin

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.