MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Re: Performance improvement with my.cnf configs
Posted by: Manohar K
Date: April 24, 2014 09:41PM

Thank you Rick for your response.
After changing the query cache size to 4GB we have observed that cache pruning ratio is around 400MB (10% of 4GB) which is earlier around 200MB (50% of 400MB). But why server is spending more time to pruning the cache as we have given more size to query cache.
One more question , global variables vs per connection variables configurations, could you please suggest the values where we have to allocate more memory.
I have seen couple of blogs, saying don't allocate more memory (allocate maximum 2MB) per connection variables(sort_buffer_size etc..) whereas we are thinking allocate more memory (32MB) to connection will be the good option, could you please suggest on this.

Regarding slow queries we have tuned most of the queries at a high level don't have too many worst queries except wild card search queries on huge transaction variables.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Performance improvement with my.cnf configs
April 24, 2014 09:41PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.