MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Re: All databases missing after MySQL cluster restart
Posted by: webmaster
Date: September 20, 2006 02:34AM

I did not use --initial to start my nodes back up. The only command-line option that passed to ndbd was: --ndbd-connectstring="nodeid=5,host=node00014,host=node00015"

It turns out that I have to issue a "CREATE DATABABASE <databasename>" query on each node after the server, ndbd, and mysqld have been started (in that order). After running the "CREATE DATABASE" query, all of my tables become accessible through mysqld. It seems that "CREATE DATABASE" is the new "FLUSH TABLES".

I am worried, however, that issuing a "CREATE DATABASE" on a node that has become disconnected from the cluster will corrupt the database after the node reconnects. Therefore, I have written a script to parse the output of "ndb-mgm -e show" to ensure that both the mysqld and ndbd slots on the node are connected before issuing "CREATE DATABASE". Although this creates a dependency on the management node, that is not much of a problem since the management node needs to be up to start a node.

So, problem solved.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: All databases missing after MySQL cluster restart
September 20, 2006 02:34AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.