MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Cluster / Sharding / Reporting
Posted by: Leon de Beer
Date: February 04, 2012 05:00AM

Hi,

I've been asked to architect a high volume mysql based system. Data integrety and scalability are key. About 2 years ago I had spend some serious time trying to use mysql cluster and encountered various issues with performance, migration which made me move away from it. Since then I met up with a MySQL DB "guru" who confirmed the same and suggested that a much better scalability approach would be to deploy a sharded infrastructure. I have 2 questions:

1) Has MySQL-Cluster undergone significant changes in the last few years which should make me re-evaluate my position?

2) If Sharding is a better way (I obviously accept the redundancy complications this brings which I will deal with through master / master replication) - the question I have is around reporting. I never figured out if e.g. I have 20 users on server (a) and 30 on server (b) how do I run a report / query which gives me a combined view of 50 users.

Thanks in advance

Leon

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Cluster / Sharding / Reporting
February 04, 2012 05:00AM
February 04, 2012 01:12AM
February 05, 2012 09:52PM
February 06, 2012 09:57AM
February 07, 2012 01:36AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.