MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Re: NDBD exiting, DynArr256.cpp:683: require((false)) failed (FreeBSD 9)
Posted by: Adam Strohl
Date: October 09, 2012 09:02AM

Unfortunately due to the issues and time constraints we've had to go with a simple master/slave setup so I've lost my play space and won't be deploying this cluster. If I do get another chance or some free time I might replicate it in VM. It would be nice to get this at least working under FreeBSD.

Before I cleaned it off (sorry no flags.make) I was able to get past that crash by compiling with debug options on. I then ran into a memory exhaustion (ran out of swap) issue, which likely was the result of my own configuration errors, though I had things limited to well under the physical RAM (I thought). Even with LockPages enabled the machine ran out of swap (with basically nothing but ndbd running on it)... so there might be an issue there.

FreeBSD 9.0 uses:
Target: amd64-undermydesk-freebsd
Configured with: FreeBSD/amd64 system compiler
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.2.1 20070831 patched [FreeBSD]

In case anyone else stumbles onto this, the quick way to build with debug options and avoid this crash thus far:

cd mysql-cluster-gpl-7.2.8 # (or wherever)

cmake -DWITH_DEBUG=ON -DWITH_NDB_DEBUG=ON -DMYSQL_MAINTAINER_MODE=OFF

make

make install

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: NDBD exiting, DynArr256.cpp:683: require((false)) failed (FreeBSD 9)
October 09, 2012 09:02AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.