MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

ndb_slave_conflict_role pass
Posted by: Odis Yuck
Date: March 30, 2015 01:09PM

Hello.
There are no information about values of this parameter (ndb_slave_conflict_role pass).

Documentation says:
>For more information, see Section 18.6.11, “MySQL Cluster Replication Conflict Resolution”.

Ok. I try to search "PASS" - nothing. Try to search "ndb_slave_conflict_role_pass" and there is only
>The NDB$EPOCH2() function, added in MySQL Cluster NDB 7.4.2, is similar to NDB$EPOCH(), except that NDB$EPOCH2() provides for delete-delete handling with a circular replication (“master-master”) topology. In this scenario, primary and secondary roles are assigned to the two masters by setting the ndb_slave_conflict_role system variable to the appropriate value on each master (usually one each of PRIMARY, SECONDARY). When this is done, modifications made by the secondary are reflected by the primary back to the secondary which then conditionally applies them.

Here http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?3,621084,621084 I can read this:
>(PASS enables a passthrough state in which the effects of any conflict resolution function are ignored.) This can be useful when it is necessary to fail over from the MySQL Cluster acting as the primary.

I can't understand, what can be useful in case of fail? What behaivour will be in case of fail with different values? When and where this variable used/checked by cluster?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
ndb_slave_conflict_role pass
March 30, 2015 01:09PM
March 30, 2015 01:13PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.