MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Re: Trouble installing cluster on Redhat Ent
Posted by: Jonathan Stephens
Date: July 31, 2015 02:45AM

The mysqld server daemon that ships with MySQL Cluster is *not* the same as the one that ships with MySQL Server. The two versions of mysqld are not compatible. See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/mysql-cluster-install-linux.html: "[T]he MySQL Server and MySQL Cluster codebases diverge considerably, so that the standard mysqld cannot function as a drop-in replacement for the version of mysqld supplied with MySQL Cluster."

You should uninstall MySQL Server, then install MySQL Cluster. The 'MySQL-Cluster-server-gpl-*' package (e.g. MySQL-Cluster-server-gpl-7.4.7-1.el6.x86_64.rpm) includes the correct version of mysqld as well as the other binaries needed to run MySQL Cluster.

MySQL Cluster 7.1 has reached EOL, so it's not a good idea to use it as a starting point--7.1.34 is definitely the last public release of the series. You should use the current GA version, which is MySQL Cluster 7.4. The latest release is MySQL Cluster 7.4.7, and 7.4.7 RPMs for RH6 are available from the MySQL Cluster downloads page.

(Personally, even though I run an RPM-based distro, I never install MySQL or MySQL Cluster from RPM--building and installing it from source is not that difficult, and this is what I do. No dependency headaches that way.)

If you're migrating a production system, I strongly advise you to do a full backup of all your databases first, then, if necessary, import them into MySQL Cluster once you get that installed.

Jon Stephens
MySQL Documentation Team @ Oracle

MySQL Dev Zone
MySQL Server Documentation
Oracle

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2015 03:05AM by Jonathan Stephens.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Trouble installing cluster on Redhat Ent
July 31, 2015 02:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.