MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Replication Factor 3 for 99.999% availability; Is that supported? Else how to achieve 5-9s
Posted by: Amit Saxena
Date: October 14, 2015 09:58PM

Hi Team,

We have a requirement for a real time highly available application where we are deploying NDB cluster (we use CGE) with 10+ nodes. The overall availability requirements is 99.999%.

With replication factor 2 per shard we are able to achieve 99.99% (with individual machine at 99%). However for higher mark, we need to have higher replication factor (replication to another cluster and bringing that up in case of failure would not be near real time for us, so that’s not an option we are considering).

With this context, please help me with my following questions
1) Will it be advisable to have replication factor of more than 2. Say 3 in my case; will that be supported by MySQL team.
2) If point 1 is not an option, how we can reach to 99.999% availability with MySQL cluster configuration and infrastructure layout (avoiding classic cascading failure scenario)

Thanks,
Amit

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Replication Factor 3 for 99.999% availability; Is that supported? Else how to achieve 5-9s
October 14, 2015 09:58PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.