MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Single host configuration cluster suggest
Posted by: Yury Tsaregorodtsev
Date: November 08, 2015 01:51PM

Hello guys,
we run mysql on 2x Xeon E5-2670 v2 @ 2.50GHz, 256 GB DDR4 RAM, RAID0: 4xSSD 800GB each, ESXI.
Total size of mysql_db: 100 GB. Threads: 55 Questions: 452511665 Slow queries: 24241 Opens: 4019 Flush tables: 1 Open tables: 790 Queries per second avg: 709.372

But we using time critical applications and need to have always query time not more then: 0.01 - 0.05 s
but now sometimes we are getting very often table locks for 2-5 seconds due to myisam (our applications can't work properly with innodb as can't deal with restarting of deadlocks transactions).
Even we getting locks on table with 700-1000 rows only when parallel execution of query with JOINs.
and sounds very weird as qps only 700-800
Main table which used has only 500 rows.
and main selects/updates related to it.
But we have many tables with larger data, like 10000-25000 rows, with less read/write but all most queries have JOINs to main table.

1.Does overall performance of mysql limited only to CPU/RAM/DISK ?
because we have totally 40 cores and total load is not more then 10, more then half RAM is free and disk I/O is almost used by mysql server only.
2. If 1st question is NO, then will we have performance benefit of NDB cluster installation on single host?
As I correctly understand principles of NBD it has all data stored in memory, right ? and NBD engine doesnt have deadlock issues while all data gonna be synchronized lately and stored on disk ?
Or I'm confusing something and we not gonna have at all benefits in performance ?
Will it help if I create few nodes on same ESXI (as again point is resources of host not used even on half) ?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Single host configuration cluster suggest
November 08, 2015 01:51PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.