MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

How can I change the value of NoOfFragmentLogFiles and FragmentLogFileSize
Posted by: Tony Sun
Date: July 22, 2016 09:56AM

Hi Gurus,

I have setup a mysql ndb cluster system on 2 nodes. I didn't set the two parameters "NoOfFragmentLogFiles" and "FragmentLogFileSize" in the config.ini file.

I created several disk data tables to save the usage of memory. However, when importing large amount of data into these disk data tables, I met the following error:

ERROR 1297 (HY000) at line 297883: Got temporary error 410 'REDO log files overloaded (decrease TimeBetweenLocalCheckpoints or increase NoOfFragmentLogFiles)' from NDBCLUSTER

I decreased the value of TimeBetweenLocalCheckpoints to 6 but it didn't work. So I was trying to change the value of NoOfFragmentLogFiles to a new bigger value. I read some articles that said it is better to change the value of "FragmentLogFileSize" as well.

I configured this two parameters in config.ini file and want to make them take effect. What I did is shutting down the two databases on the two nodes, and then shutdown the whole ndb cluster, and then restart the ndb_mgmd with --initial. When I was trying to start the ndbd on the two nodes, it failed and reported the following error in the log file:
-- Invalid file size for redo logfile, size only changable with --initial
-- Error handler shutting down system
-- Error handler shutdown completed - exiting
-- Node 2: Forced node shutdown completed. Occured during startphase 4. Caused by error 2350: 'Invalid configuration received from Management Server(Configuration error). Permanent error, external action needed'.

From my understanding, this means that I should use "ndbd --initial" to make the changes to take effect. However, if I do so, I may lose all my data that already in the ndb database.

I appreciate if somebody can give me some advice on how to do this.

Thanks,

Tony

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
How can I change the value of NoOfFragmentLogFiles and FragmentLogFileSize
July 22, 2016 09:56AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.