MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

SORTED! Re: NDBD storage node configuration & synchronisation
Posted by: ian.sparrowhawk
Date: February 14, 2006 03:32AM

On running the "SHOW ENGINES\G" command on the NDBD storage nodes I noticed that the ndbcluster support was "DISABLED".

The problem (and I can't be the only person to have hit this!!) is that I needed to specify more API nodes by adding a few "[MYSQLD]" lines to the config.ini file of the management node.

The problem was that I had MySQL running on both of the NDBD data storage nodes; I had to in order to create the database on each and the tables on one. What wasn't clear in the manual is that this would not only prevent other API nodes talking to the cluster, but also stop the cluster from operating (at least this was my experience!)

Once I'd added a few more blank [MYSQLD] entries to the config.inin file it all worked as expected. It's worth bearing in mind (and if anyone from the MySQL team is reading, perhaps worth adding a note to the docs?) because you may have a cluster running beautifully, only to find it falls over unexpectedly if someone fires up MySQL on any of its nodes.

HTH,

Ian

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
SORTED! Re: NDBD storage node configuration & synchronisation
February 14, 2006 03:32AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.