MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

slave loses position.
Posted by: Binod Bista
Date: January 08, 2013 07:58AM

Hi MySQL Forumers,

I'm currently out of the office and don't have the finer details at hand. But I had an incident last week, where the slave's status reported it was 'out of position' or 'lost position' with the master. I just want to know what the best way or pattern is to verify where the replication has lost position and where to exactly in the master's log to re-establish replication again.

At the time, I checked the slave's log to get the log file and pos details. Checked the log file and pos in the master, and rightly so there was an error message at the point the slave lost position, but after each position where the error message appeared there were still error messages so I wasn't sure at what point to re-establish the replication. I ended up establishing a new replication process from the next binlog file. The data wasn't critical, so the solution was sufficient. But what is the correct remedy for this situation for a reliable restablishment of the replication process?

Many Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
slave loses position.
January 08, 2013 07:58AM
January 08, 2013 08:26AM
January 08, 2013 12:21PM
January 09, 2013 08:57AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.