MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

New to MySQL Replication
Posted by: Glenn Sams
Date: February 05, 2009 11:38PM

OK,

I am completely new to MySQL replication. All i have ever done in the past is just do mysql dumps and imports by hand. Now though i am in the process of designing a portal interface for my company. It basically replaces the normal desktop of the computers (over 50 computer). Before i start i need to plan every thing out. My first challenge is the fact alot of the computer remote location computers. So there is a chance they aren't connected to the network. So I want a local copy of the database storing the information on the computer.

I have no clue how to setup replication with in MySQL. Let alone set it up to replication to multiple servers and have it do it automatically. Any one able to example how to set something like this up or is that type of replication even possible?

If not i can always resort to scheduling sql dumps and sql imports. I just looking for a easier way.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
New to MySQL Replication
February 05, 2009 11:38PM
February 07, 2009 04:33PM
February 09, 2009 02:51PM
February 09, 2009 11:52PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.