MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Re: Replication began to work not always, not right away
Posted by: Dan Mor
Date: April 07, 2012 08:08PM

> The Host (in the PROCESSLIST) is NULL ??? Please describe the topology of your Master and Slave -- same or separate machines? TCP/IP connection? Other?
> (I don't know what to make of that. I hope the Master and Slave are not on the same machine.)

why host is NULL? I dont understand you here.
Master and Slave are different machines running with windows 2008. Thay are in defferent countries, ping (packets delay) is about 40-50 ms.

> Check the clocks on the two machines; the seem to be at least 8 seconds apart.
>(I don't think this could cause the trouble, but you probably should fix it.)
You were right: time at master for some reasons stoped to synchronize with time.windows.com, and there was a differenceof 5 seconds (not 8) with slave.
Thanks that you sight it. It helps me may be to avoid some other problems.

> SHOW MASTER STATUS; -- on Master
File|Position|Binlog_Do_DB|Binlog_Ignore_DB
bin.000003|828426549|jedif1

> SHOW SLAVE STATUS \G -- on Slave
what means "\G" ? mistake?
SHOW SLAVE STATUS returns this:
Slave_IO_State|Master_Host|Master_User|Master_Port|Connect_Retry|Master_Log_File|Read_Master_Log_Pos|Relay_Log_File|Relay_Log_Pos|Relay_Master_Log_File|Slave_IO_Running|Slave_SQL_Running|Replicate_Do_DB|Replicate_Ignore_DB|Replicate_Do_Table|Replicate_Ignore_Table|Replicate_Wild_Do_Table|Replicate_Wild_Ignore_Table|Last_Errno|Last_Error|Skip_Counter|Exec_Master_Log_Pos|Relay_Log_Space|Until_Condition|Until_Log_File|Until_Log_Pos|Master_SSL_Allowed|Master_SSL_CA_File|Master_SSL_CA_Path|Master_SSL_Cert|Master_SSL_Cipher|Master_SSL_Key|Seconds_Behind_Master|Master_SSL_Verify_Server_Cert|Last_IO_Errno|Last_IO_Error|Last_SQL_Errno|Last_SQL_Error|Replicate_Ignore_Server_Ids|Master_Server_Id
Waiting for master to send event|#masters IP adress#|replication|3306|60|bin.000003|828456990|UAGALAXY-1-relay-bin.000007|140902703|bin.000003|Yes|Yes|jedif1||jedif1.ibf__uag_ob_maps,jedif1.ibf_members,...#and all other tables#||||0||0|828456990|140902864|None||0|No||||||0|No|0||0|||3

> (I'm fishing for binlog/replicate-do/ignore and anything else out of the ordinary.)

MASTER SETTINGS:

sync_binlog=1
server-id=3
log-bin=bin
log_bin_trust_function_creators=1
binlog-do-db=jedif1
sql-mode="NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER"
local-infile=0

SLAVE SETTINGS:

server-id=1
replicate-do-db=jedif1
replicate-do-table=jedif1.ibf_members
replicate-do-table=jedif1.ibf__xja_members
replicate-do-table=jedif1.ibf__uag_awards
replicate-do-table=jedif1.ibf__uag_banlist
replicate-do-table=jedif1.ibf__uag_gvars
# ... and some more tables, i skip long list here ... but when I have no "replicate-do-table" fields, my problems were the same
slave-skip-errors=1062,1146
sql-mode="NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER"

> CHECK TABLE ibf__uag_banlist;
> CHECK TABLE ibf__uag_gvars;
checked. All is OK!

Rick, it is amazing! My test innoDB table ibf__uag_gvars stops working again, and see what I have done:
I always test replication work using SQLYog mysql client - this is very handy application.
And it passes queries in such format:
UPDATE `jedif1`.`ibf__uag_gvars` SET `value`='0.333' WHERE `name`='defaultShipSpeed';
after that I runs query at Slave: << SELECT value FROM ibf__uag_gvars WHERE NAME="defaultShipSpeed" >>
it returns 0.211 (old value) - replication have not done
then the idea comes to me, and I runs this query on Master:
UPDATE ibf__uag_gvars SET value=0.444 WHERE name="defaultShipSpeed";
and after that << SELECT value FROM ibf__uag_gvars WHERE NAME="defaultShipSpeed" >> returns 0.444!!!!! <-- WORKS!

SO replication IS WORKING, it only wants simple format to use? And have some bugs with complex format like `jedif1`.?
I only now recall why I set to SKIP error 1146 (Table xxx doesn't exist) earlier... because I have some errors like 'table `jedif1`.xxxx doesn't exist)' on tables I need not to replicate, but they were on slave in fact.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2012 08:12PM by Dan Mor.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.