MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Simple Master Master replication works but does not recover from a reboot
Posted by: D Green
Date: July 09, 2012 05:34PM

Hi. I am new to mysql replication and although I have got a Master Master replication up and running it breaks easily.

I would like to apply this in an appliance model were the database I wish to replicate contains config information which needs to be available on both servers. This means we are dealing with a small number of database inserts and changes, not high volume at all. The database itself is very small.

I find that Relay_Log_File increments it's file number as does mysqld-bin on a reboot and thus the pair of Master Master replicas go out of sync.

As this is a simple replica is there a way to auto heal the pair so they continue to receive updates from each other and recover from system failures?

In this case if one servers database goes out of sync we would prefer for it to dump what it has and mirror the more up to date master and get back in sync.

Any ideas how we can make this replica stay up?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.