MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Disaster Recovery with master-master replication
Posted by: Ian Gates
Date: August 21, 2012 09:59AM

I am looking at setting up a Disaster Recovery (DRSite) for my company, and have been looking at the possibility of master-master replication.

e.g. everything is written to a MySQL DB on my main site, and then replicated to a remote MySQL DB.

In the event of catastrophe (e.g. a prolonged power / internet outage), we switch our DNS to look at our DRSite (possibly using Amazon EC2).

Then when everything is better, we change back again.

This seems a good idea, right up to the point where I need to move back to the main site, but I can't see how I would easily move back to the main site. As there would inevitably be a short period where we inadvertently write to both masters.

(obviously a really prolonged outage would require the DB to be rebuilt, as it would take too long to re-read all the binary logs).

Does anyone have experience of a similar setup, and what would be a good way to go about this?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Disaster Recovery with master-master replication
August 21, 2012 09:59AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.