SLAVE - Execution pointer not moving
Date: November 13, 2012 05:15PM
- Slave replication seems to be working but the Exec_Master_Log_Pos never changes.
- The server shows high CPU utilization although is actually doing nothing.
- There is a large amount of data inserted on the master that doesn't appear in the slave
The master has been running with no errors for months. The Relay_Master_Log_File exists on the master and it's 1.1 GB, the execution pointer is valid.
- We had one slave running for several months with no errors
- We added a second slave, and now they run fine for a few weeks, and then both of them stop at the same Exec_Master_Log_Pos and don't move.
- Normally, the seconds behind master start increasing.
- We stopped one of the slaves and reboot the second one. The reboot server now shows 0 seconds behind master, but still the execution pointer doesn't move.
Processes on the slave:
1 system user Connect 5270 Waiting for master to send event
2 system user Connect 18414 Reading event from the relay log
34 dev servername Sleep 409
35 dev servername Query 0 show processlist
Show slave status:
Slave_IO_State: Waiting for master to send event