MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Re: can Replication slow down the server?
Posted by: Jim Buckley Barrett
Date: October 09, 2013 02:21AM

Hi Rick,

The database is sitting on a RAID 5

sync_binlog was set to one.

SBR vs RBR - I left this as default which I believe is SBR. To be honest I wouldn't be sure which is the best but I can say that we do a lot of INSERTS and UPDATES, probably around 20,000 a hour or more.

InnoDB vs MyISAM - All tables are InnoDB due to the row locking vs table locking.

Well I can see my main problem, if the slave is supposed to be as beefy as the master then I'm in real trouble.

First the two machines are in two different countries so are connected over WAN. The slave is an old Dell desktop that hasn't been used in years so I installed Ubuntu. The plan was to just have an almost up to date database in our office to be used by the developers.

Maybe I can make a script to download the Friday's back up and restore to the Ubuntu MySQL or download manually each Friday morning and restore over the weekend....

I had hoped to use the slave to create the back ups using Perlico because right now I'm just using MySQL dump once a day without any increments.

Jim

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: can Replication slow down the server?
October 09, 2013 02:21AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.