MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

MySQL 5.6 Slow in catching up
Posted by: Wagner Bianchi
Date: October 10, 2013 04:18PM

Hello Guys,

Recently I've started anew project to test replication performance between MySQL 5.5 and MySQL 5.6. I have a production MySQL instance running the version 5.0 and my intention is to migrate this version to 5.5 or 5.6, upgrading all my servers. So, we've set up replication between three servers, 5.0 as a master and both 5.5 and 5.6 as slave servers. The version 5.5 has synchronized quickly although the version 5.6 seems that will never catch up.

I have 7 critical databases and at this moment, I am able to see that MySQL 5.6 is configured with slave_parallel_workers=7 to attend individually each database and its statements/rows.

Adding some information:

Both servers MySQL 5.5 and MySQL 5.6 are physical and they are using the same configuration file, same InnoDB configs, query cache, key buffer and other per client variables.

Any hint on this? Is there any trick in MySQL 5.6 replication which I must pay more attention?

Thanks a lot.

Wagner Bianchi - +55 31 8654-9510
Profile: bit.ly/toG94v
Blog: wagnerbianchi.com/blog
Twitter: @wagnerbianchijr

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2013 06:44PM by Wagner Bianchi.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL 5.6 Slow in catching up
October 10, 2013 04:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.