MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Error reading packet from server: binlog truncated in the middle of event ( server_errno=1236)
Posted by: Denis Bucher
Date: February 12, 2014 06:50AM

Dear all,

I know that many people seem to have had the same problem, but after reading hours of forum I'm still blocked, that's why I hope someone can help me!

I have a working MASTER-SLAVE mysql configuration that suddenly stopped to synchronize, maybe because of disk full or other reason. But whatever reason I just want to make it work again.

This is what happens in the SLAVE logs when I restart Mysql or when doing "START SLAVE" :

[Note] Slave I/O thread: connected to master 'repl_slave@mastersvr.mydomain.ch:3306', replication started in log 'mastersvr-bin.000018' at position 505524084
[ERROR] Error reading packet from server: binlog truncated in the middle of event ( server_errno=1236)
[ERROR] Got fatal error 1236: 'binlog truncated in the middle of event' from master when reading data from binary log
[Note] Slave I/O thread exiting, read up to log 'mastersvr-bin.000018', position 505524084
[Note] Error reading relay log event: slave SQL thread was killed

Therefore I did :
LOAD DATA FROM MASTER;

And SLAVE START :
[Note] Slave SQL thread initialized, starting replication in log 'mastersvr-bin.000032' at position 45413, relay log './mysqld-slave-relay-bin.000001' position: 4
[Note] Slave I/O thread: connected to master 'repl_slave@mastersvr.mydomain.ch:3306', replication started in log 'mastersvr-bin.000032' at position 45413

There was no error but data still doesn't seem to be synchronized, for example :

master> SELECT count(*) FROM article;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
| 649 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

slave> SELECT count(*) FROM article;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
| 572 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Therefore I am not quite sure on what I should verify/test to understand what is happening and where is the problem ?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help or advice !

Denis

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Error reading packet from server: binlog truncated in the middle of event ( server_errno=1236)
February 12, 2014 06:50AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.