MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Re: Replication stopping intermittently
Posted by: Bill Stevenson
Date: February 24, 2014 04:35PM

Now it is happening a few times a day. This is an example of what I see on the slave.

The slave is running version 5.6. Here is what the results of "SHOW SLAVE STATUS" gives me:

Slave_IO_State: Waiting for master to send event
Master_Log_File: xxxx
Read_Master_Log_Pos: 44214891
Relay_Log_File: xxxx
Relay_Log_Pos: 266
Slave_IO_Running: Yes
Slave_SQL_Running: Yes
Last_Errno: 0
Skip_Counter: 0
Exec_Master_Log_Pos: 44214891
Relay_Log_Space: 584
Until_Condition: None
Until_Log_Pos: 0
Seconds_Behind_Master: 0
Last_Io_Errno: 0
Last_SQL_Errno: 0
SQL_Delay: 0
SQL_Remaining_Delay: NULL
Slave_SQL_Running_State: Slave has read all relay log; waiting for the slave I/O thread to update it
Master_Retry_Count: 86400
Auto_Position: 0

The process list on the slave shows (apart from normal connected users) 2 system users, one is "Waiting for master to send event" and the other is "Slave has read all relay log; waiting for slave I/O thread t".

Now, the master is definitely at a different position. Restarting the slave fixes this problem and then everything runs fine for a while.

When I think about it, none of these problems were happening until I upgraded to 5.6. I had been running very well on an earlier version (can't remember which) on this slave for almost 2 years.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
February 18, 2014 05:35PM
Re: Replication stopping intermittently
February 24, 2014 04:35PM
February 25, 2014 08:12PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.