MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Re: Replication setup (for the first time)
Posted by: Ekrem Onsoy
Date: May 26, 2014 12:46AM

Thanks for your reply Rick.

I did set up the replication the other night following the steps I shared with you. It seems working properly.

I just needed to correct some permissions at the Slave side after copying the database files and trying to start mysqld.

How can I ensure that my "all" tables are Innodb? What verification method(s?) I have to use?

You know, I did not pushed harder for mysqldump tool further to use such parameters to copy the files on the fly because I also wanted to get rid of the burden of exporting and importing of this tool. I thought it could be a much faster way to copy the database raw files instead of this raw-by-raw operation. And also it seemed possible and straightforward after reading so many articles to copy the files. After all, I was not trying to export/copy just some tables or databases, I wanted to clone the whole Master to the Slave. And it seems this whole plan worked, at least there's no error on the logs and SHOW SLAVE STATUS results are good.

I will definitely take a closer look at XtraBackup tool. Eventually, my next step will be implementing a backup strategy (weekly full, daily incremental), probably at the Slave side (if possible) to prevent possible burden or blockings on the Master. I guess I can hope XtraBackup can help me with that too. I need to investigate this stuff further.

Yes, I mean the ibdata1 file by saying "tablespace" and yes, it's 500GB in size. I saw innodb_file_per_table option before and read something about it, but I will check it again to see if there's any advantage to use it.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Replication setup (for the first time)
May 26, 2014 12:46AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.