MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Re: relay-bin files not being cleaned up
Posted by: Vince Garner
Date: August 13, 2014 03:54PM

Rick,

Sorry for the slow reply.

The master and slave server ids are 1 and 2, repectively. The slave is caught up to the master and waiting for the next event. The seconds behind for the slave is zero. Relay-log.info shows the last relay-log and its byte count and they are correct. All relay-logs are there, starting with 000001 and ending with 000394. Relay-bin.index shows these 394 logs.

I have checked all the parameters you recommended and they look good. Previously, I began deleting the old relay-bin logs, keeping all < 1 week old, and this led to missing data in the database. It seemed that these relay bin logs were needed for the slave's integrity. I ended up resynching the slave and haven't touched the relay-bin logs.

The backup retrieves the current binary log, backs up the databases, then does a PURGE BINARY LOGS to the current binary log retrieved. Do the relay-log deletions depend upon the binary logs?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Vince Garner

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: relay-bin files not being cleaned up
August 13, 2014 03:54PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.