MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Replication newbie: 5.6
Posted by: 7 reeds
Date: December 18, 2014 06:25PM

Hi,

I have been reading a lot about replication and have seen YouTube tutiorials using the 5.6 Utilities that look like magic. I want some of that magic.

The tutorials I have seen all demonstrate doing setup and failover on what appear to be fresh MySQL installs. I do not have that luxury. Part of my question is does "mysqlreplicate" and other tools deal with transfering existing data from an Active Production Master to new slaves?

I have the following:

= Three matched servers all running CentOS 5.x, MySQL 5.6.x (from mysql yum repo)
= Server-A is the live Production server for a retailer
= Server-B is the designated "hot spare" for production
= Server-C is to replace Server-A for non-tech business reasons as soon as possible.

I know that I can scrub Servers B & C into a fressh install state. I can then, I think, use the new Utilities to setup the magic replication between these two machines with C being the Master of B. Next, I figure that I'll make C a slave to A but, as above, I can't tell from the docs if the Utilities do the data transfer.

Do I have to setup "old style" replication between A and C?

I must have missed something in the docs about this, or did I?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Replication newbie: 5.6
December 18, 2014 06:25PM
December 19, 2014 03:10PM
December 20, 2014 12:57PM
December 21, 2014 04:22PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.