MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Fastest way to reset slave server
Posted by: Arun Srinivasan
Date: August 04, 2015 02:00PM

*Newbie alert*

Engine : myISAM

I have Redhat lvm backups nightly that is taken after read-locking the mysql tables. The slave is kaput and I've tried various ways to get the old logs into master and start slave. All I'm getting is

Got fatal error 1236 from master when reading data from binary log: 'Could not find first log file name in binary log index file'

1. I don't know how to make the slave 'see' that the old files were restored from file system backup and ask it to replay them.

2. If '1' isn't possible, I'm planning to refresh slave. All the articles I see asks me to use mysqldump and replay the files into slave before resetting the master log and log_pos.

Now since I have nightly lvm backups, I do have the files for every table. Is it possible for me to just put back the files into the slave mysql data folder and start slave after chaning the master_log_file and master_log_pos?

If it's not possible, what is the fastest way to get the slave in sync with master, especally when facing the 1236 error.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Fastest way to reset slave server
August 04, 2015 02:00PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.