MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Asynchronous Replication
Posted by: A J
Date: February 24, 2016 05:02AM

Hello,

I want to do some replication:

- I have databases on several plants and I want them to synchonize with one single database which is at my working place so I can see what every plant is doing.
- The plants just have dynamic IPs because they belong to different owners so I cannot contact them.
- At my working place I have a static IP adress for my SQL server.

That means that the databases at the plants have to send their data to my working place independently.

Somehow I have the feeling this is different to the mysql concept of replication because the one that gets the data needs to know the IP address of the master. The typical Master->Slave or Master<->Master scenario is not possible for me because I cannot know the corresponding IP addresses. I rather know the slaves IP address I would say.

Am I right? And has anyone an idea to solve this, please?

At the moment the plants are doing backups automatically which are transfered to a ftp server at my working place. There I have to read the backups manually. So I want to skip reading backups and instead my server should be synchronized automatically.

Best regards,
AJ

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Asynchronous Replication
A J
February 24, 2016 05:02AM
February 26, 2016 01:51PM
A J
March 01, 2016 08:40AM
March 06, 2016 11:15PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.