MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Filtering and Tagging binlog events
Posted by: Ashu Sharma
Date: May 02, 2016 09:30AM

I am working on a system which has a Sharded MySQL Cluster.In a single Shard there will be multiple MySQL Instances[1 Master and Multiple Slaves]. The Master and majority of Slaves use Statement Based Replication [SBR], while one of the Slave uses a Row Based Replication [RBR] Mode for Binlogs.

The Reason for using RBR is that there is a Change Propagation System which reads data from Binlogs and apply it to a secondary store[HBase].This Change Propagation System can only read RBR Binlogs.

I have a requirement in which i will be executing some selective delete queries through a application on the Master Instance and don;t want to flow it to the secondary Store through RBR Slave instance.

Please suggest the approaches in which it can be done. In general the delete queries should flow through all the slaves but in RBR slave, the query should get executed but shouldn;t be written to Binlogs.

[OR]

Is there a way to tag some selected queries issued by the application on Master which gets executed on all slaves and i can parse it in my Change Propagation System which only understands RBR Binlog format so that it doesn;t get applied to the secondary store.

[Note]:

The Change Propagation System only understands RBR Binlog format.
There might be multiple applications issuing deletes but i want to filter out the deletes of only Selective Applications.
Using Mysql 5.6.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Filtering and Tagging binlog events
May 02, 2016 09:30AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.