MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Re: Replication between SQL server and MySQL
Posted by: Bart Blesgraaf
Date: November 30, 2005 10:44AM

Hello all,

I am also trying to set up a replication between MS SQL Server 2000 and MySQL version 5.I managed to get it to work in our test envrionment, but it doesn't work when replicating to our customer. I set up an ODBC-connection using MyODBC 3.51 and then enabled it as an ODBC-subscriber in SQL Server. When I create the subscriber, I get an 'Invalid cursor state' error in the distribution agent.
In our test envrionment, I got it to work by dropping the MSRepl7 table that SQL Server creates in the MySQL-database. I don't know why it starts to work, but I don't care ;-) However, when I try the same trick with our customer, it still gives the same error.

I understood from this article (http://www.mcse.ms/archive95-2004-1-300282.html) that it is a bug in the ODBC Driver Manager, but there are also cases in which it works (as in our test case). I tried everything, changing options in MySQL, SQL Server, MyODBC, installing MyODBC 5, but nothing solves this problem. I am running out of ideas, can anyone help me?
Thanks,

Bart Blesgraaf

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Replication between SQL server and MySQL
November 30, 2005 10:44AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.