Skip navigation links

MySQL Forums :: Synchronization :: Sync Multiple Databases

Advanced Search

Sync Multiple Databases
Posted by: steven eaton ()
Date: September 20, 2013 03:02PM

I have a pretty simple database config.

One master DB in the office.
60 remote users with laptops on wireless cell cards.

Only the remote boxes do any inserts. Items are deleted when they hit a certain age (7 days currently).

As a remote user has new data it might look like this
Plate# LAT LON datetime Picture of plate Picture of Vehicle

C89F34 140.777777 112.9999999 DateTime Blob(3k image file) Blob(30k image file)

there can be multiple inserts that start with the same number I.E. C89F34. I was just thinking of using an autoid for the primary key in each DB.

the remote boxes can rarely query the whole DB, this is more a log. I was thinking of having all queries run against the main DB only, maybe just a simple web page that they hit to do a lookup.

All entries older than 7 days get purged.

I was thinking that each remote box have its one table, and that it stores everything local. I was thinking of it just doing an insert into the remote DB one line at a time, and as each insert is successful delete that row locally.

Something along those lines.

I am a little concerned that the bigger image files can bog down the link, but at the same time want them. Maybe I will insert all the data right away, and do a different upload of some kind image wise that is throttled.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I was thinking of doing this rather than using something like sync framework etc. It seems pretty straight forward to me, but maybe I am missing something.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Sync Multiple Databases 1120 steven eaton 09/20/2013 03:02PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.