MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Backup

Incremental Backup and apply-log
Posted by: L F
Date: March 28, 2012 01:18PM

Greetings All, I have a question about taking incremental backups and the "apply-log" functionality.

Re: 3.7 MEB Documentation.

Section 3.3.2 Making an Incremental Backup.

"When running the "apply-log" step for an incremental bakcup, you specify the option sequence --incremental apply-log, and the paths to 2 MySQL configuration files, ......"

As I read this I am lead to believe that after an incremental backup I need to run the "apply-log" command, or, it is combined with the incremental backup. However, when I first run the full backup (precursor to incremental backup) I use the backup-and-apply-log option. Thereafter and after every incremental bakcup when I try to run the apply-log command I am prompted with a message stating:

mysqlbackup: ERROR: Apply-log operation initiated second time on same backup
The backup meta data indicates that the apply log
operation has been done already. Aborting now.

So my question is this:

If I take a full backup with the backup-and-apply-log argument, do I still need to issue the apply-log argument to incremental backups?

Thank You, Louis.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Incremental Backup and apply-log
L F
March 28, 2012 01:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.