MySQL Forums :: Announcements :: MySQL Connector/Net 5.1.4 GA has been released
MySQL Connector/Net 5.1.4 GA has been released
Posted by: Reggie Burnett
Date: December 03, 2007 08:11AM
MySQL Connector/Net 5.1.4 a new version of the all-managed .NET driver for MySQL has been released.
************* IMPORTANT ********************
Connector/Net 5.1 represents a change in how we package our products. Until now, we've shipped our core provider and the Visual Studio integration bits as separate downloads. This has become a bit of a problem. Often we would fix a bug that involved changing code both in the VS package and in the core provider. This provided a versioning problem where users would need to upgrade both products to see the benefit of the bug fix. To solve this, we've decided to discontinue Tools for Visual Studio as a separate product and have, instead, integrated it into a new Connector/Net installer. We hope this provides a better "out of box" experience for our users.
All previous versions of Tools for Visual Studio should be uninstalled prior to installing this product.
Version 5.1.4 works with all versions of MySQL including MySQL-4.1, MySQL-5.0, MySQL-5.1 beta or the MySQL-6.0 Falcon "Preview".
It is now available in source and binary form from [http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.1.html] and mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time - if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or choose another download site.)
== Issues fixed ==
- Fixed issue where column name metadata was not using the charset given on the connection string
- Fixed problem where closing the connection before the reader where the reader was
opened with CloseConnection would cause a object disposed exception to be thrown
- Fixed problem with installer where the installation would fail if the performance
counter categories had already been removed for some reason
- Fixed problem with attempting to use a command with a connection that is not open.
The problem was caused by the introduction of the internal method SoftClosed that is
used with transactions. (Bug #31262)
- Fixed problem where attempting to enlist in a distributed transaction would succeed
even though Connector/Net doesn't currently support that. (Bug #31703)
- Fixed problem with web providers not being usable on medium trust systems
- Fixed problem with installer where attempting to install over a failed uninstall could
leave multiple clients registered in machine.config. (Bug #31731)
- Marked MySqlDbType.Datetime obsolete; replaced with DateTime (just corrected capitalization) (Bug #26344)
- fixed code where we were returning bit(1) as boolean but mysql treats tinyint(1) as boolean
- Added the Default Command Timeout connection string option to allow DDEX users to set
an initial command timeout for very large databases (bug #27958)
== Changes ported from 5.0 branch ==
- Fixed problem where fields that were blobs but did not include the BLOB flag were treated
as binary when they should have been treated as text. (Bug #30233)
- Changed from using Array.Copy to Buffer.BlockCopy in MySqlDataReader.GetBytes. This
helps with memory usage as we expect the source and destination arrays to not be overlapping.
- Fixed problem that prevented commands from being executed from the state change
handler. Not sure why you would want to do this but... (bug #30964)
- Fixed problem with connection string caching where our collection class was
using case insensitive semantics and this causes cases where a user orginally
used the wrong case for a user id and then fixed it to still get access denied
errors. (Bug #31433)
- improved the speed of load data local infile significantly
- fixed MySqlDateTime.ToString() to properly return the date value (Bug #32010)
- fixed problem where string parameters who have their size set after their value could cause exceptions
- fixed problem where old code was preventing creating parameter objects with non-input direction using
just a constructor (Bug #32093)
- fixed problem where a syntax error in a set of batch statements could leave the data adapter in a state
that appears hung (bug #31930)
- fixed the MySqlException class to set the server error code in the Data hash so that
DbProviderFactory users can access the server error code (Bug #27436)
- fixed problem where changing the connection string of a connection to one that changes
the parameter marker after the connection had been assigned to a command but before
the connection is opened can cause parameters to not be found (bug #13991)
Enjoy and thanks for the support!
MySQL Connector/Net 5.1.4 GA has been released
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.