Dear MySQL users,
MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51.23, a new version of the ODBC driver for the
MySQL database management system, has been released. This release is
the latest release of the 3.51 series and is suitable for use with any
MySQL version including MySQL 4.1, 5.0, or 5.1.
The release is now available in source and binary form for a number of
platforms from our download pages at
and mirror sites. Note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this
point in time, so if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try
again later or choose another download site.
We welcome and appreciate your feedback, bug reports, bug fixes, patches,
* There are no installer packages for Microsoft Windows x64 Edition.
* There is no binary package for Mac OS X on 64-bit PowerPC because Apple
does not currently provide a 64-bit PowerPC version of iODBC.
* The HP-UX 11.23 IA64 binary package does not include the GUI bits because
of problems building Qt on that platform.
Changes since the last release:
* Allowed connections to be enlisted in distributed transactions, even
though the driver doesn't support them. (Bug #32727)
* Cleaning up environment handles in multithread environments could result
in a five (or more) second delay. (Bug #32366)
* SQLAllocStmt() and SQLFreeStmt() did not synchronize access to the
list of statements associated with a connection. (Bug #32857)
* SQLGetInfo() returned the wrong value for SQL_DATABASE_NAME when no
database was selected. (Bug #3780)
* Changing the DSN name when editing a DSN left behind the DSN
under the old name in addition to creating the new entry. (Bug #31165)