Dear MySQL users,
MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.1.4, a new version of the ODBC driver for the
MySQL database management system, has been released. This release is
the first generally available (production) release of the 5.1 series and
is suitable for use with any MySQL server version since MySQL 4.1,
including MySQL 5.0, 5.1, and 6.0. (It will not work with 4.0 or
The release is now available in source and binary form for a number of
platforms from our download pages at
and mirror sites. Note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this
point in time, so if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try
again later or choose another download site.
We welcome and appreciate your feedback, bug reports, bug fixes, patches,
* The installers for Microsoft Windows require that you uninstall any
previous version of Connector/ODBC 5.1 (not 3.51) before installing.
* The installer for 64-bit Windows installs both the 32-bit and 64-bit
drivers. Microsoft has made available a 64-bit OLE DB provider for
ODBC for Windows 2003 available at http://xrl.us/bjexg
* There is no binary package for Mac OS X on 64-bit PowerPC because Apple
does not currently provide a 64-bit PowerPC version of iODBC.
* The HP-UX 11.23 IA64 binary package does not include the GUI bits because
of problems building Qt on that platform.
Changes since the last 5.1 release:
* SQLGetDiagRec() sometimes returned SQL_SUCCESS but no error
message. (Bug #33910)
* Driver installer (myodbc-installer.exe) fails to create a new DSN
* Get wrong result with decimal(8,2) field type (Bug #35920)
Includes changes from Connector/ODBC 3.51.25.
Built using MySQL 5.0.56sp1.