Dear MySQL users,
MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.1.5, a new version of the ODBC driver for the
MySQL database management system, has been released. This release is
the latest release of the 5.1 series and is suitable for use with any
MySQL version since 4.1, including MySQL 5.0, 5.1, and 6.0. (It will
not work with 4.0 or earlier releases.)
The release is now available in source and binary form for a number of
platforms from our download pages at
and mirror sites. Note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at
this point in time, so if you can't find this version on some mirror,
please try again later or choose another download site.
We welcome and appreciate your feedback, bug reports, bug fixes,
* The installers for Microsoft Windows require that you uninstall any
previous version of Connector/ODBC 5.1 (not 3.51) before installing.
* The installer for 64-bit Windows installs both the 32-bit and 64-bit
drivers. Microsoft has made available a 64-bit OLE DB provider for
ODBC for Windows 2003 available at http://xrl.us/bjexg
* There is no binary package for Mac OS X on 64-bit PowerPC because
Apple does not currently provide a 64-bit PowerPC version of iODBC.
* The HP-UX 11.23 IA64 binary package does not include the GUI bits
because of problems building Qt on that platform.
Changes since the last release:
Functionality added or changed:
* Added FLAG_NO_BINARY_RESULT connection option to always handle
binary function results as character data. (Bug #29402)
* Some catalog functions used fixed-sized buffers for handling
arguments that could be overrun, and misinterpreted some arguments
as patterns when they should be treated as identifiers. (Bug
* SQLDriverConnect() returned SQL_ERROR when the user cancelled
the dialog box instead of SQL_NO_DATA. (Bug #36293)
* System DSN lookup (using ODBC_BOTH_DSN) fails on Windows XP.
* SQLProcedures() followed by SQLFreeStmt() crashes (Bug #36069)
* ADO adUseServer cursor is lost after updating adLongVarWChar field
* SQL_TYPE_TIMESTAMP and SQL_TYPE_TIME parameters were incorrectly
included when parameters were expanded. (Bug #37342)
* DSN-less connection prompting cannot lookup driver entry
Includes changes from Connector/ODBC 3.51.26.
Built using MySQL 5.0.60sp1.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2008 12:19PM by Jim Winstead.