MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Security

unauthenticated user
Posted by: Kengie Ho
Date: September 28, 2007 05:28AM

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am getting an "unauthenticated user" error when I do a 'show processlist'.

Kill 4465 root localhost None Sleep 423 --- ---
Kill 20509 unauthenticated user 89.x.x.x:2501 None Connect Reading from net ---

I have already added the skip-name-resolve, skip-host-cache, and skip-locking option to my.cnf. As a added measure I have already added the IP Address to the /etc/hosts and the privileges for the user and IP address has also been granted in the database already.

The connection is coming from inside a dll which connect to the MySQL server externally from another IP over the Internet.

Here is the funny thing, I have similar setup that is connecting via LAN and it works perfectly. Also I have use MySQL Query Browser from the 89.x.x.x IP Address and it connects fine. I can even run a SELECT command with about 10000 records set return using the MySQL Query Browser. I have also tested using telnet <mysql external IP> 3306 and it can connect.

It is just that the using the dll will never connect to the MySQL.

Current Setup has firewall but it has all been open and have been verified due to the fact that I can connect use telnet and MySQL Query Browser.

Please help.

Regards,
Kengie

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
unauthenticated user
September 28, 2007 05:28AM
September 25, 2008 12:46AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.