MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Security

Huge load when MySQL is enabled
Posted by: John Clark
Date: January 03, 2012 04:30PM

Hi!

I've run a number of MySQL based websites for quite awhile and every now and then I get hit with huge loads and then after crashing my sites for about a week or two they go away.

Well now the load keeps exploding as soon as service mysql is turned on. It goes like 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,4,5,6,7,22,22,40,60... crash.

There was no change to the my.cnf before this happened. I've since (before I realized it was just when mysql was on) installed CSF, mod_security, mod_qos (because I saw up to 300 connections from a user), changed the port # which actually seemed to work for awhile and then CRASH! Bound the port off in my.cnf - bind 127.0.01 (I'm not sure exactly). I do know that people have paid hackers to attack my sites and I've suffered numerous standard DDOS attacks which landed me at Staminus.net. I've been googling and googling but maybe I'm using the wrong keywords.

Any ideas? Any suggestions? Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Huge load when MySQL is enabled
January 03, 2012 04:30PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.