MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Security

How do I stop hacks through MySQL?
Posted by: Hungry H
Date: October 27, 2005 07:53AM

It looks like someone is trying to hack onto my server through MySQL causing the MySQL server to stop on a regualr basis.

By looking at the runtime information in phpmyadmin, I can see the server is receiving around 15 queries per second which is unusually high for my server.

Most of the queries seem to be "change db" and "select". They have been used roughly the same number of times according to phpmyadmin. I never use the "change db" query on my websites. Does this normally happen in conjunction with the "select" query seeing as the queries have been used a smilar number of times?

Can anyone point me in the right direction to help stop this hack as it is killing the mysql processes?

I am running MySQL 5.0.0 alpha with php 4.3.6. All users except for root are restricted to "select, insert, update, delete, lock tables". All users have passwords.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2005 07:54AM by Hungry H.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
How do I stop hacks through MySQL?
October 27, 2005 07:53AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.