MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Security

Server plugin authentication for non-plugin capable client
Posted by: Yuriy Vasylchenko
Date: November 15, 2012 09:53PM

I needed to modify the MySQL (5.5.28) authentication logic for ODBC client - overriding the native_password_plugin's/old_password_plugin's behavior.
Until lately I was under impression that setting st_mysql_auth::client_auth_plugin=NULL will allow me to use server-side plugin with non-plugin-capable client.
"ERROR 1251 (08004)", http://dev.mysql.com/doc/internals/en/connection-phase.html, and 'sql_acl.cc' told me that I was wrong.

The required change seems to be trivial or about trivial (the only questionable part is the declaration/identification of native_password/old_password capabilities of a plugin, which has the documentation impact). Will it be possible to have that change in 5.5 package?

P.S. Is the inability of a server plugin to read global mysqld variables a deliberate architectural decision, is it a design flaw, or am I completely wrong here and this is possible?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Server plugin authentication for non-plugin capable client
November 15, 2012 09:53PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.