Skip navigation links

MySQL Forums :: Data Warehouse :: newbie question: move data from certain tables in a live server to an offline server

Advanced Search

newbie question: move data from certain tables in a live server to an offline server
Posted by: dst mani ()
Date: May 28, 2008 06:27PM

I am a java application developer and a total newbie to mysql administration.

I have a web application that has several tables. Of those, a couple of tables (think of it like event log like data) are growing. I want to periodically move (not copy) the data from those growing tables to an offline server.

In addition to moving data from these specific tables, I also want to sync up other tables as part of this offline database. The idea is that the offline db will serve as an aggregated database for report generation.

Any suggestion on how to best achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

- dm

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
newbie question: move data from certain tables in a live server to an offline server 5513 dst mani 05/28/2008 06:27PM
Re: newbie question: move data from certain tables in a live server to an offline server 4296 Roland Bouman 05/29/2008 04:14AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.