Skip navigation links

MySQL Forums :: Analytics, Reporting, BI :: Crystal Reports and MySQL Connector/ODBC Problems

Advanced Search

Crystal Reports and MySQL Connector/ODBC Problems
Posted by: Kyle Stevens ()
Date: October 19, 2006 07:47AM

I am having trouble using MySQL in conjunction with Visual Studio 2005 and the included version of Crystal Reports. I am using an ODBC data connection using MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51, which works fine in the Windows ODBC Data Source Administrator. In the Crystal Reports designer within Visual Studio I can connect to the data source and add fields with no problems. I can even preview the report and the data connection works. But when I actually run the application, it asks for the password and then after I enter the password I get the message, "Logon Failed. Please try again.". I believe the Visual Basic code used to apply permissions to the tables is correct. At least it works with SQL Server 2000, and I already replaced the login credentials for use with MySQL.

The version of MySQL Connector/ODBC I am using is 3.51.12, but I also tried 3.51.11 as was recommended on another thread, and the new beta version, 5.0.1 with no luck. I don't really think it is that anyways. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help you can give.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Crystal Reports and MySQL Connector/ODBC Problems Kyle Stevens 10/19/2006 07:47AM
Re: Crystal Reports and MySQL Connector/ODBC Problems Kyle Stevens 10/19/2006 10:03AM
Re: Crystal Reports and MySQL Connector/ODBC Problems souksavanh phannamvong 05/03/2008 05:00AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.