MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Administrator

Mysql Administrator error "Could not find settings"
Posted by: Eric Johanson
Date: November 25, 2006 03:33PM

Mysql community edition 5.0.27
Mysql administrator 1.2.6 rc

Mysql was installed without the MSI installer (i.e. by unzipping the archive) and manually creating a "C:\WINDOWS\MY.INI" file.
Mysql is set up as Windows service via command line "mysqld.exe --install"
I can start and stop the Mysql service from the system tray via "MySQLSystemTrayMonitor.exe"

I launch Mysql administrator from the system tray, and after logging in I get a message that reads "Either the server service or the configuration file could not be found. Startup variables and service section are therefore disabled."

After pressing "OK" to get through the error message, the Mysql administrator works correctly, except that the "Service Control" section is grayed out and has a red message that reads "This section is only available when connected to localhost".

As stated, the MySQL service is installed and it starts and stops correctly directly from the system tray. I am on localhost. Yet the "Service Control" section of Mysql administrator doesn't work. Why?

Thank in advance for any help.
Eric Johanson

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Mysql Administrator error "Could not find settings"
November 25, 2006 03:33PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.