Skip navigation links

MySQL Forums :: MySQL Administrator :: MySql error 2003. Mysql connection fails on localhost as soon as ethernet cable is unplugged

Advanced Search

Re: MySql error 2003. Mysql connection fails on localhost as soon as ethernet cable is unplugged
Posted by: Teresa Schliker ()
Date: April 19, 2012 08:21PM

Hi Mark,

I am just getting up to snuff with newer MySQL (first experience with 5.5), and I'm installing on Windows Vista. So when I got the same problem as you, I wasn't sure if it was Vista or a change in MySQL.

A lot of tips involve opening firewall ports, but you shouldn't need to do this at home! (This assumes you will only connect over localhost.)

I discovered I have to add this to "[mysqld]" section of "my.ini":
bind-address=127.0.0.1

This happened to me with ethernet plugged in, but I have not opened any ports yet. Please let us know if "bind-address" works for you!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2012 08:22PM by Teresa Schliker.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
MySql error 2003. Mysql connection fails on localhost as soon as ethernet cable is unplugged mark stephen 04/08/2012 12:04PM
Re: MySql error 2003. Mysql connection fails on localhost as soon as ethernet cable is unplugged Teresa Schliker 04/19/2012 08:21PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.