MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Administrator

mysql administrator error when trying to backup
Posted by: Michael Rodgers
Date: November 15, 2012 01:34PM

Hi all, I have got my sql 5.5.17 installed along with MySQL Administrator as part of the MYSQL GUI package. As per the instructions on http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/php-mysql/mysql_gui_tools.htm#backup_restore

I can see the database in the schemata listed under catalogs at the bottom, it may be called information table or something along those lines. The problem I have is when I click backup and follows the stages through, when I click on the database and then the right arrow button it gives me an error message along the lines of performing this action will cause the server to be unusable / unstable after performing the backup and then prevents me from backing up (execute backup button is greyed out). After several attempts it says the same thing each time.

I have also tried to run the MySQL command line program in an attempt to perform a manual backup. The first line reqeuest for a password but after typing this in the window just closes each time.

Does anybody know what is going wrong and why please?

Many Thanks,
Michael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2012 03:44PM by Michael Rodgers.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
mysql administrator error when trying to backup
November 15, 2012 01:34PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.