Re: Urgent: Thread Problem with MySQL Server
Posted by: Stéphane Guimond
Date: April 07, 2005 01:33PM

Hi Matthew and everyone,

I've had the same problem as well, and this "skip-name-resolve" seems to have fully corrected the situation! MANY THANKS for your answer!!!

Now, I'd just like to understand, at least to make sure that doesn't hide another problem. I've never seen this problem in 4-5 years using MySQL, and suddenly this morning I'm starting to have this major problem, so I'm wondering if it may be due to a hack or what. This server is *only* on a local network (192.168.x.x) and all hosts that access this MySQL server are configured to access it through the same local network, by IP (not even by hostname), so I don't understand why the MySQL server would have to make DNS lookups on a 192.168.0.1 or a 192.168.0.2, for instance. Is it normal? In other words, is MySQL *always* doing DNS lookups, and if so then why does it need to do so in my scenario described above?

Furthermore, my DNS servers were not down while I was having these problems, but anyway that's another story!

If you could shed some light on that, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
S.G.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Urgent: Thread Problem with MySQL Server
April 07, 2005 01:33PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.