connection with Unix socket or tcp ?
Posted by: julien balde
Date: May 08, 2005 12:42PM

Hi,

I had lately some conenction issue using the Unix socket for accessing mysql (using php) the connection was not always working on heavy load giving the error : "Can't connect to localMySQL server through socket" (error 11 Resource temporarily unavailable ), I don't know what is the reason of this problem, if you have any idea please do not hesitate!

As the mysql.sock was mentionned in the error message I decided to change the way to connect to mysql, so I didn' use localhsot anymore but the IP address of the server, doing that the TCP socket should be used. this was a good tst and there is no longer any issue even on very high load on the server, but I would like to check if this a good option ?
Iheard the tcp connection was not as fast as the Unix socket but I wanted to make sure on this forum that using this way of connection was a good alternative since the mysql.sock seems to have some limitation on a high load on a server.

Thank you in advance for your advices or help in the mysql.sock isue.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
connection with Unix socket or tcp ?
May 08, 2005 12:42PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.