Deployment of MySQL Applications
Posted by: Brett Bavar
Date: June 07, 2005 03:50PM

I am beginning development on a retail database system using a Visual Basic .NET front-end and a MySQL database back-end. I have set-up a MySQL server here on my company's network so that I can develop the application and it seems like everything will run smoothly. However, I would like for my customers to be able to run a simple installation process to install my program and set-up the MySQL server for their network with as little trouble as possible. Most of my customers will not have the networking expertise to manage the MySQL server on their own.

What is the best way to deploy this kind of application? Can I create an installation package that will set-up everything automatically, to accommodate technically illiterate users?

(sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I wasn't sure where to post it... I think there should be a general MySQL application development thread)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Deployment of MySQL Applications
June 07, 2005 03:50PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.