Slow Response - Opening a Connection
Posted by: Valere Palhories
Date: July 18, 2005 06:23PM

Hello,

We currently have production databases running on a Microsoft Server 2003 Standard Edition Box with all of the latest service packs. The version of MySql database server that is running is 4.1.12. I have an exact mirrored copy on a Linux Server running the same version of the DB.

Opening the database thru MySql Administrator, MySql Query Browser, SQLyog, etc. from my Laptop on the Windows Server takes roughly 4 seconds. Opening the same database on the Linux server takes less than 1 second. I'm using the IP Address and not the server name, so there should be no DNS lookups, additionally it's all internal ip's and the server is about 10 feet away. The same problem occurs when I try to open a database running remotely on a Windows XP box with SP2. Opening it locally on the same box opens the database in less than a second.

I tried the same thing where the database was loaded on a Windows XP Pro box with SP1a. Opening the database remotely or locally takes the same time, less than 1 second. So ... problem seems to be related somehow to Service Pack 2.

Am I going crazy??? Any thoughts on the matter? Anyone experiencing similar problems?

Thanks

-- Val

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Slow Response - Opening a Connection
July 18, 2005 06:23PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.