Issue with THE mysql table
Posted by: David HENRY
Date: August 04, 2005 07:27AM

Hi,

I've just been given an old HP-UX station to manage, running a version of MySQL.
See below for details :
==============
Ver 8.21 Distrib 3.23.43, for hp-hpux10.20 on hppa1.1
Copyright (C) 2000 MySQL AB & MySQL Finland AB & TCX DataKonsult AB
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL license

Server version 3.23.43
Protocol version 10
Connection Localhost via UNIX socket
UNIX socket /tmp/mysql.sock
==============

I'd like to take control over all the databases (it seems people have forgotten most of the password, here... :( wow), in order to make full dump.

I'm not very skilled in MySQL.
But it seems there is a problem on this server, as appearing in the following command :
==============
> bin/mysqlcheck -p mysql
Enter password:
mysql.columns_priv OK
mysql.db
error : File '/usr/local/samba/mysql-3.23.43-hp-hpux10.20-hppa1.1/data/mysql/db.MYD' not found (Errcode: 24)
mysql.func
error : File '/usr/local/samba/mysql-3.23.43-hp-hpux10.20-hppa1.1/data/mysql/func.MYD' not found (Errcode: 24)
mysql.host
error : File '/usr/local/samba/mysql-3.23.43-hp-hpux10.20-hppa1.1/data/mysql/host.MYD' not found (Errcode: 24)
mysql.tables_priv
error : File '/usr/local/samba/mysql-3.23.43-hp-hpux10.20-hppa1.1/data/mysql/tables_priv.MYD' not found (Errcode: 24)
mysql.user
error : File '/usr/local/samba/mysql-3.23.43-hp-hpux10.20-hppa1.1/data/mysql/user.MYD' not found (Errcode: 24)
==============

It sounds like corrupted files, for me.
Whatever it is, I need some help to correct this problem.

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Issue with THE mysql table
August 04, 2005 07:27AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.