Two Problems with Upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1
Posted by: Mike Finazzo
Date: August 24, 2005 05:57AM

I just updated to 4.1.13a on a clustered Novell 6.5SP3 enviroment. Two problems that I now have, the first is when I enable or failover the cluster MYSQL will start then it shuts down. The error the I recieve in the log is this sys:/mysql/bin/mysqld.nlm: Too many arguments (first extra is 'bind_ipaddress=192.168.21.9').
Use --help to get a list of available options. I need the bind argument for the cluster plus it worked before with 4.0. Problem two is when I start it manualy on the cluster it comes up and is useable but the error log shows this 050824 7:44:32 [Warning] mysql.user table is not updated to new password format; Disabling new password usage until mysql_fix_privilege_tables is run. Now I know I need to run the command but how do I do that with Novell?????????? Any help would be great.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Two Problems with Upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1
August 24, 2005 05:57AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.