Best practices for restarting MySQL
Posted by: Ed 678901
Date: June 29, 2014 01:16PM

Hi folks,

In the past, when I need to restart MySQL Community Server being used by a web application, I bring the web application offline before restarting MySQL.

I am trying to figure out if there is a better way or recommended practice when it's necessary to perform a restart on MySQL.

More specifically, it would be nice if I could allow current queries and operations on MySQL to finish normally while preventing new queries and operations from being started before performing the restart.

For example, the Jenkins Continuous Integration server has a feature "Prepare for Shutdown", which will prevent users from starting new jobs until the server is restarted. You can then wait for the running jobs to finish before restarting.

Could anyone please point me to any documentation or discussions about this, or provide any advice?

Thanks a lot!

Ed

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Best practices for restarting MySQL
June 29, 2014 01:16PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.